Re: Marking a chord line as capo 3

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Marking a chord line as capo 3
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:55:51 +0100

2012/12/27 Romel Anthony S. Bismonte <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>

> I have two chord lines above my music line, and I was wondering how I can mark
> the upper chord line as being "Capo 3" for the guitar. In lyrics, you can set
> the "stanza" of a line--is there something similar to that?
>

> Something like:
>

> Capo 3:  D    Bm ...
>
>          F    Dm ...
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Romel

Hi,

putting the "Stanza_number_engraver" into ChordNames-context will work:

\version "2.16.1"

\layout {
  \context {
     \ChordNames
     \consists "Stanza_number_engraver"

chrds = \chordmode {
  f d:m f d:m
}

mel = \relative c' {
  f d f d
}

<<
  \new ChordNames {
    \set stanza = \markup \normal-text "Capo III"
    \transpose f d \chrds
  }
  \new ChordNames {
    \set stanza = \markup \normal-text "chords"
    \chrds
  }
  \new Staff \mel

HTH,