png export width

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: png export width
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 12:56:59 +0000

Dear LilyPond users/experts,

I am trying to produce images that are exactly 4 inches in width (at a resolution of 1200 dpi).  To accomplish this I set paper width to 4\in and left and right margins both to 0 (except for systems with brackets, when I have to add 2mm to the left so it will appear).

When I run LilyPond on this file the produced .pdf seems to be correct, but when I use LilyPond to generate a .png (eps backend) it adds exactly 17 pixels to the width, so I get a pixel width of 4817 instead of 4800.  Judging from the image it appears these pixels are added at the right margin where there is a tiny white space not present in the .pdf.  The same problem occurs with multiple files (I will add the style file code at the end of this message).

I can probably hack the width settings until I get exactly 4800 pixels, but I'm just wondering if there is a better way to do this.  I have tried messing around with the line-width property, but this is only loosely connected to the width of a system.  I am using version 2.16.1 on Ubuntu 12.10 through Frescobaldi 2.0.8.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Barry

P.S. here is the style code I am using:

\paper {