Re: Parenthesize slashed grace with fingering?

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Parenthesize slashed grace with fingering?
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:42:07 -0800 (PST)

Colin Campbell-8 wrote
> In transcribing some cello exercises, I need to show a slashed grace
> note, with a fingering, in parentheses. The exercise involves shifting
> between first and third position on the same string, so it emphasizes
> the intermediate "target" position, with the intent that the grace note
> gets eliminated as the shift gets smoother.  The following gives me all
> I need except for the parentheses.  I'm a bit foggy from a virus, and I
> cannot find the magic incantation which will show both the grace note
> and the parenthesis. Using 2.17.10, by the way.
> %<%<%<%<%<%<%<%<%<
>
> e'2-1 ( \parenthesize \slashedGrace gs8-1 a2-2
>

> %<%<%<%<%<%<%<%<%<
>
> Any pointers to TFM or LSR gratefully received!

not sure you can find it in TFM but this awful construction seems to do what
you're looking for (note that the tweak comes /before / the grace note):

{
  e'2-1
  \parenthesize
  -\tweak ParenthesesItem.color #green
  -\tweak ParenthesesItem.font-size #5
  -1 \slashedGrace gs8
  a2 -2
}

personally I prefer this solution where you can write the tweaks after the
grace note (as usual) despite the fact that you have to put it in a chord:

{
  e'2-1 \slashedGrace {
    < gs
    -\tweak ParenthesesItem.color #green