Re: Fwd: LilyPondXs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fwd: LilyPondXs
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 10:56:29 +0100

> From: Kristina Vuckovic <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM
> Subject: LilyPondXs
> To: address@hidden
>

> Dear Mr. Nienhuys,
>

> I am using software NooJ for natural language processing, and some
> time ago I thought how nice it would be if we could use the same tool
> for processing musical notes. I was thinking about the ways how to
> introduce the note in a textual way and than I found your software
> LilyPond (greta job!)– now, since I need the notes to be converted to
> text, I was wondering if you have any plans in adding that to your
> program i.e. is it possible to have a pdf file with notes that get
> 'translated' into LilyPond notation (c2 d2...)?

I am afraid that this description is utterly unclear.  I have no idea
what "'translated'" is supposed to mean.  Who is supposed to do the
translation?  Under what circumstances?  What is supposed to be the
result of the translation, and where is it supposed to end up?

Without a much more thorough description that does not rely on an
intimate knowledge of NooJ and the knowledge what it is actually being
used for in the context cited here, I don't see that a useful answer can
be given.

All the best

--
David Kastrup