Re: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark

From: Olivier Biot
Subject: Re: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 01:37:19 +0100

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings list,

This technique glues an upprall to a trill, but the difference in width of the glyphs is noticeable. Is there a way to achieve this without the discrepancy in width? Since lilypond produces the finest engraved output I know, can we do better than this for baroque engraving?

I don't know if the Feta font hosts the "up/down" leader for pralls and mordents. If so, then it's probably a matter of adding that one instead of the entire prall/mordent symbol to the left of the trill spanner.

Worst case, maybe a whiteout on top of the existing up/down-prall to only show the interesting bit and then overwrite the whiteout with the custom trill spanner?

Best regards,

Olivier