Re: Going back in MIDI time error: disappeared?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Going back in MIDI time error: disappeared?
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 16:14:54 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 3:28 PM
Subject: Going back in MIDI time error: disappeared?

NR 1.2.6, Grace notes, section Known problems:

"""
Each grace note in MIDI output has a length of 1/4 of its actual duration. If the combined length of the grace notes is greater than the length of the preceding note a “Going back in MIDI time” error will be generated. Either make the grace notes shorter in duration, for example:

\acciaccatura { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] }
becomes:

\acciaccatura { c'16[ d' e' f' g'] }
"""

I'm trying to reproduce such an error, just to check if I've understood it correctly, but I can't. The combined length of grace notes, in first example, is 5/8. So if I put a shorter note before the grace expression I should produce an error?

\version "2.17.10"

{
  c'16
  \acciaccatura { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] }
}

It's not working.
I think I'm totally missing the point.

Secondly, I can't find that message in the lilypond.pot file, even though I remember I've come across it some time ago:

cd po
git grep -i 'midi time'

Where is it?

Finally, searching the archives and the tracker I've found that I cannot reproduce in 2.17.10 the error in the examples posted. See for example:

Can you help me?
--
Federico

If I use the exact example at the top of Issue 1412, I get the error on Windows with both downloaded 2.17.9 and a self-built test version of 2.17.10

--
Phil Holmes