Re: RUMOR Midi utility & Frescobaldi - Menu Error?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: RUMOR Midi utility & Frescobaldi - Menu Error?
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:14:03 +0100

Brett Duncan <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/01/13 6:11 PM, SoundsFromSound wrote:
>
>     Thank you so much for the reply.  I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed, very few
> apps other than the usual: Synaptic, Inkscape, LilyPond/Frescobaldi, etc.
>
> All I did was install Rumor and poof - these appeared, no other items I can
> think of that could be the cause.  Should I install-reinstall Rumor?  I
> don't think Ubuntu is corrupt, but perhaps the Rumor install was?
>
> I don't even see Rumor anywhere in Frescobaldi - no window/panel, nothing.
>
> Hmm -
>
> Thoughts?
>
> I'm seeing the same problem. I set up Ubuntu 12.10 today as a virtual
> machine on my MacBook (I was running into problems trying to set up
> Frescobaldi on MacOSX) and installed Frescobaldi using the Ubuntu
> Software Centre.
>
> It appears that each time I select something on any menu, a copy of
> the Insert menu is appended to the end of itself.
>
> I do not have Rumor installed.

Try creating a new user account and see if the problem occurs in there.
I seem to remember that some version of gtk or GNOME and/or other
libraries needed some declarations in some init file that might be
poisonous for later versions.  If you have some leftovers of that kind
responsible here, a fresh user account should not show these symptoms.

If this is indeed so, it at least narrows down the search somewhat.

--
David Kastrup