Re: Exporting SVG files into Inkscape - font issues

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Exporting SVG files into Inkscape - font issues
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 15:39:31 +0100

SoundsFromSound writes:

> This DOES work in Linux, no problem - beautifully too, Olivier.  But
> Windows, no matter what I do/move what fonts where, it just will NOT open
> the SVG w/ correct fonts.  Grrr.

Windows and fonts is a nightmare.  I looked into Denemo and GUI fonts
for Windows and remember that in order for the Windows GUI to pick them
up, they needed to be registrated in freetype as well as in the Windows
font folder/registry thingy.  Registering, removing and re-adding a font
(think: update Denemo package) can make it invisible and other ugly things.

Good luck, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl