Measure counter

From: David G
Subject: Measure counter
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:25:19 +0000

I'm currently using code based on the snippet in http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/snippets/repeats#repeats-measure-counter to create numbers above bars where they are repeated. However this starts with a number 2 above the second bar, and I would like a 1 above the first bar.

What's the best way to achieve this in 2.16? I couldn't work out a way to change the numbers generated by the PercentRepeatCounter. Alternatively if there is an easy way to manually insert a number 1 centred on the first bar at the correct height, that would be fine. I tried using markup above the invisible rest but this was not centred.

If it's a little hacky or clumsy that's fine - I just want to get this score done and dusted and this is the only thing I'm not happy with! From reading the documentation I gather some kind of measure counter is to be implemented in 2.17 but I don't want to switch over to that until I've got my current score printed and finished with in 2.16.

Many thanks!