Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:51:32 +0100

Am 08.01.2013 08:09, schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

>>> If you have a whole passage of tuplets, then... [...]
>>
>>> And with a small music function like [...]
>>
>> Excellent, but I would say that only musicians who are also
>> programmers and with a good knowledge of Scheme might be able to
>> figure out such solutions.
>
> I disagree.

Me too. I think, copying the line
\set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
from the docs does not need programming skills, if it is easily found in
the docs.

However, by far the most frequent usage of \times is the triplet. Is
there a possibility to either
  a) split after the number of notes in the denominator* or
  b) according to the base moment of the metre or
  c) a combination of both?

  *for equal durations in the tuplet.

Then, \times 2/3 would be different from \times 4/6. This might still
need tweaking in non-standard tuplets like \times 2/3 { c16 c d8 e }.

Cheers,
Joram