Re: lilypond-book include *.ly, cannot find file

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: lilypond-book include *.ly, cannot find file
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 17:52:04 -0500

On 08/01/2013 11:50 AM, Cognac Natanael wrote:
Thank you very much for your answer Olivier,

There is no spaces or fancy character in my directories or files names.

And I think I’ve tried l’option that you've mentionned, and I tried with
the option you’ve mentionned :
lilypond-book --include=my-lilypond-repertory/

But after some new tests, I found something that works.

This si how is the directory I’m working in :

lilypond/
     config.ly
     score.ly
     tuneA/
         tuneA.ly
     tuneB/
         tuneB.ly

At the beginning and the end of tuneA.ly and tuneB.ly, I have those
instructions :
\include "../config.ly"
\include "../score.ly"

If you tell lilypond-book (using --include=lilypond) to look in the lilypond directory for the file ../config.ly, it can't find this file because it doesn't exist (because of .. you end up in the parent directory).

It might be sufficient to specify only one subdirectory e.g. --include=lilypond/tuneA (and not all subdirectories one-by-one) since then it can find the file at lilypond/tuneA/../config.ly

Makes sense?

Cheers,
Julien