Re: Shifting ties horizontally

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Shifting ties horizontally
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:31:14 +0000

On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 16:49 +0100, Urs Liska wrote:
> Am 10.01.2013 13:51, schrieb Richard Shann:
> >> Yes, \shape covers the functionality of \shapeTie and can be used for
> >> any curve that is specified by control points: Slur, PhrasingSlur,
> >> RepeatTie, and LaissezVibrerTie, in addition to Tie.
> > That's really good news as I am planning to write a graphical routine to
> > create these shapes over the typeset output using the mouse to drag
> > control points and output the needed LilyPond (this is from within
> > Denemo, but it would be possible to use it just to generate the LilyPond
> > syntax for re-insertion into a hand-written LilyPond score).
> You should definitely contact Wilbert Berendsen about that because he
> could very well include such behaviour in Frescobaldi too.
As machines get more powerful it becomes imaginable to spawn off a
program that takes the selection runs LilyPond to typeset it displays
the pdf lets you draw your desired shape and puts the \shape command on
the clipboard for pasting into your text. Denemo has a colossal overhead
for this, but it could be trimmed down for the purpose. Then, indeed a
program like Frescobaldi could call it up.

> Do you know that some of the gurus on this list have created a stencil
> to print the control points as a means to ease their tweaking (see
> attachment)?

Nice - I will need to mimic the LilyPond curve drawing quite exactly,
hopefully by lifting the code.

Richard