Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:13:56 +0100

Am 10.01.2013 22:56, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

So what would be needed from our part (just started to skim through
the Texinfo manual)?
If we would write the sources for our tutorials as Texinfo documents
we could then suggest to add any of them to Lily docs (if we find it
appropriate)? Or would they have to adhere to some more (technical)
restrictions?
I think it would make sense to open a separate document for them.
Collaborators would then work on a branch where this document exists
(similar to the translation branch we have) and would edit their
personal chapters in separate files.  That would cause minimal merge
conflicts.

That's a setup for continuous work.  Depending on people's personal
choices, getting the _text_ off the ground might work faster using LaTeX
or whatever to bring the document into the shape one considers good
using LilyPond-book, and then afterwards convert en bloc to Texinfo.

However, I found it sometimes problematic to map the chapter structure
of a typical LaTeX document to the node structure of Texinfo.  It's
partly a question of the optimal size of chunks of information.

OK, I think I see.
I'll look a little more into Texinfo and will discuss the issue before anybody starts serious work.