Re: multiple files in one

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: multiple files in one
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:53:46 -0500

I am at a loss. I tried placing the the header in each file in the score block which causes it to disappear. I tried simply adding a bookpart around the include which has the effect of reducing my individual scores to one line instead of a grandstaff. So in effect something that used to work long ago no longer works because of some change around 2.14. Here i cannot make headers happen more than once. and that seems to be the in my opinion bug. I can trick this by useing an ugly markup hack to create a "title". But that would mean editing duplicates for over a hundred files. And even if this approach was taken it is possible it would choke on some other fun thing like having global issued in nearly every file. i could go through and remove the global business in each file but that would again be another time killer. There has to be some way of making the headers print for every file as it gets munched through lilypond and still have the overall layout engine work across all the files. It is very easy to create multiple out files from a singular file but not the other way round. Sorry if this seems a bit on the irritable side. It is just not making a whole lot of sense. Maybe it is time to add a front matter block or something like that sothat one can add the title page and ToC stuff and not get it all confounded with headers for individual pieces.

Shane