Re: RUMOR Midi utility & Frescobaldi - Menu Error?

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: RUMOR Midi utility & Frescobaldi - Menu Error?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 07:28:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013, Nick Payne wrote:

On 12/01/13 16:44, SoundsFromSound wrote:

Ok
I installed Gnome and tried GNOME, GNOME classic, and GNOME no effects.

All GNOME and Unity still show the menu bug so I guess it's the way it has
to be for now.
I'll just learn keyboard shortcuts :)

You could try the Cinnamon desktop. I'm using Mint 14, which is basically
Ubuntu 12.10 with Cinnamon as the desktop, and
I don't see that menu bug. You can install Cinnamon on Ubuntu:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cinnamon

Slightly off-topic, but:

Has anyone tried the MATE desktop yet ?

BTW:

I have not yet seen a single person who really likes Unity, Gnome3, or Windows 8. To name just a few "innovative" products for a "better desktop experience (blablabla)"

--

MT