Re: grace notes break preceding ties in MIDI

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: grace notes break preceding ties in MIDI
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:08:21 +0000

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Adam Spiers
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I've added an issue to the tracker:
>> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3091&thanks=3091&ts=1357666391
>
> Thanks!
>
>> I'm not aware of a workaround - I could imagine using 2 voices, one without
>> the grace the other with just the grace and a muted note - but this seems
>> pretty awkward!
>
> Is it perhaps the fault of the
>
>     if (now_mom ().grace_part_)
>
> section in Note_performer::process_music() in lily/note-performer.cc?
> Does it somehow reintroduce the previous note when shortening it to
> make room for the grace note, even though the previous note was tied
> to the one before?

Is there a performer tutorial similar to the engraver tutorial?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/contributor/engraver-tutorial

I've started trying to fix the above bug, but my knowledge of
LilyPond's C++ performer code (let alone any other code) is poor, and
getting to grips with the various data structures is slow work.  I'm
running it through gdb which helps, but any other pointers would be
really useful.  Thanks!

Adam