Re: RUMOR Midi utility & Frescobaldi - Menu Error?

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: RUMOR Midi utility & Frescobaldi - Menu Error?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 09:06:25 -0800 (PST)

Hmm, I can't get this to work.  It's installed OK and I choose it from the
pull down login menu, signed in, but Unity is still there, nothing looks any
different and the bug is still present.  How do you "load" Cinnamon once
it's installed, because selecting it from the login screen (for me) does
nothing.

Thanks for the help.
Ben

Nick Payne-3 wrote
> On 12/01/13 16:44, SoundsFromSound wrote:
>> Ok
>>
>> I installed Gnome and tried GNOME, GNOME classic, and GNOME no effects.
>>
>> All GNOME and Unity still show the menu bug so I guess it's the way it
>> has
>> to be for now.
>> I'll just learn keyboard shortcuts :)
>
> You could try the Cinnamon desktop. I'm using Mint 14, which is
> basically Ubuntu 12.10 with Cinnamon as the desktop, and I don't see
> that menu bug. You can install Cinnamon on Ubuntu:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install cinnamon
>
> and then logout and choose Cinnamon as the desktop manager at the login
> screen.
>
> Nick

-----
composer | sound designer