Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: flup2
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:16:36 -0800 (PST)

Hello Jim,

Which way did you choose to install poppler, python and other dependencies ?

I know that using the Python version included in OS X can cause problems;
that's why I installed these via Macports. It's far easier than downloading
all dependencies individualy and making all work together.

If it is what you did too, for what I see in your log, the OS X installed
Python runs in place of the Macports installed Python.

The best way to avoid that would be to enter the complete path to the
Macports python to run Frescobaldi:

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7
frescobaldi

If your problem I solved, you can also make a clickable launcher for
Frescobaldi, to avoid typing anything in the terminal.

Philippe