Re: Cross staff beams with subdivision

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Cross staff beams with subdivision
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:57:12 +0100

Many thanks to all who replied.

2013/1/12 Keith OHara <address@hidden>
> >   \once\override Rest #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 9)
> >   r8 gis,,,,!32\([ b dis gis!
> >     \change Staff=upper \times 4/6 { b dis gis! b dis gis!\)] }
>
> Is there a preferred way using some staff spacing instead of using space
> around a rest, that happens to be close by?

I think the staff spacing parameters take effect for the whole score.

Nope. I just copied and pasted the measure several times. When the measure is at the next line I get the warning

    no viable initial configuration found: may not find good beam slope

again with an ugly layout. The staff spacing seems to be affected only \once.

Sometime before 2.18 I will need to find a new method.  The best I can think
of so far is to print a tall invisible box---a "phantom strut"---where I need
space.

  r8-\tweak #'stencil #(ly:make-stencil '() '(0 . 0.1) '(0 . 6) )
    ^"request space above, so that the staves spread"
  gis,,,,!32\([ b dis gis!
    \change Staff=upper \times 4/6 { b dis gis! b dis gis!\)]

This works with 2.16 too. Should I prefer one method to the other because of some side effects or can I use it interchangeable?

Regards
Helge