Hiding a voice (or is there a better way?)

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Hiding a voice (or is there a better way?)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 01:22:49 +0000

I'm trying to notate a song with piano accompaniment, but I don't want
a separate voice line printed -- the singer will be able to work it
out from the piano part, and space is at a premium. I do need to align
the lyrics to the voice line, though. Would a reasonable way around
that be to create a voice for the vocal line and prevent it being
printed? How would I do that? And is there a better way? I'd prefer
not to have to fall back to manual syllable durations, but I suppose
that would be possible if I have to.

Thanks,