Bug?: position of repeat bars for volta in lyrics

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Bug?: position of repeat bars for volta in lyrics
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 04:48:58 +0100

Dear fellow users

I'd like to ask after which rule repeat bars are placed that belong to volta
repeats in lyrics blocks.

Until now my observation was that volta repeats in a lyrics block cause the
respective |: :| bars to appear as tightly around the enclosed lyrics as
possible:

- the opening bar |: is right before the first syllable in the lyrics volta
- the closing bar :| comes right after the last syllable in the lyrics volta

But yesterday I had another use case (in which the lyrics volta was not at the
end of the piece), in which the closing bar was positioned even later, namely
before the first syllable that comes after the repeat.

Was my original deduction wrong? Are the bars always attached to the next
syllable that follows them ?

I attached a minimal example to clarify. Its repeat bars at marks A and B are
created by the music's repeat, the other two bars by the lyrics' repeat.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Romani ite domum.