Re: lilypondbood package useful?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lilypondbood package useful?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:30:19 +0100

Am 16.01.2013 12:24, schrieb Francisco Vila:
2013/1/16 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
I use lilypond-book a lot and this problem is solved if you build your
document using make or a bash script that does all the work. The
script can create an out/ folder if it doesn't exist, tell
lilypond-book to output all to out/, copy all needed files to out/,
run latex inside out/ and copy the resulting PDF back to your source
directory. You need to write a list of copy-needing files in the
makefile/script, but then all reduces to <uparrow><enter> to launch
latest command in history of terminal.
Will this recompile all lilypond snippets or does lilypond-book somehow detect if there is a sufficiently current file availble?

Especially if you have many short snippets and/or want your code to ve
verbatim visible. And there is no better way if you want to modify a
snippet by _only_ modifying its lilypond code, in a single place, and
you want everything else to be made automatically.
That's what I tried to express in my former email ;-)