Re: \bar "||" and \repeat around a line break

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: \bar "||" and \repeat around a line break
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:57:54 +0100

Jim Long <address@hidden> writes:

> I just wanted to increment the tally on Johan's feature request.

I'm utterly surprised by all these reactions... Mostly because noone
seems to agree with me that, in the case of

  ... \bar "||" \break \repeat ...

not having a "||" at the end of the line and a "|:" at the start of the
repeat is just an ordinary bug.

Consider:

  ... \break \repeat ...

produces:

  ... |
  |: ... :|

Also,

  ... \bar "|" \break \repeat ...

produces:

  ... |
  |: ... :|

But

  ... \bar "||" \break \repeat ...

produces:

  ... ||
  ... :|

According to the common interpretation of the :| symbol, repetition is
to start at a |: and if there's none, the music must be repeated from the
beginning -- clearly not what is intended.

-- Johan