Re: Headers Placement

From: Jérôme Plût
Subject: Re: Headers Placement
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:42:23 +0100

Decimo quinto Kalendas Februarias MMXIII scripsit Thomas Morley :
> LilyPond supports two kinds of headers: book-header and score-header.
>
> a) book-header (top-level!):
>
> \header { ... }
> \score { ... }
>
> b) score-header:
>
> \score {
>   <some-music>
>   \header { ... }
> }

I was going to ask more or less the same question as Mark, so thanks
for the explanation. I find the whole header system extremely
confusing (for example, why must the score-header be at the *end* of
the corresponding score, this is a mystery) and would prefer
sectioning commands that work in the LaTeX way, inserting markup where
they are called instead of defining some magic values:

\title #'((title . "Concerto") (author . "Me"))

\title #'((section . "I. Allegro ma non troppo"))

\score { ... }

\title #'((section . "II. Andantino))

\score { ... }

This I can do with Scheme, but maybe something equivalent already
exists?