Re: General bar setup for score

From: james
Subject: Re: General bar setup for score
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:48:12 +0100

On Jan 18, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Maarten de Keijzer wrote:

>>> Am 16.01.2013 08:51, schrieb Maarten de Keijzer:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to create some general setup for the total number of
>>> bars within the score, including time changes?
>>>
>>> In the example I have a score with two voices on the right (piano)
>>> staff with 6/8 and 3/8 bars.
>>>
>>> When I create in one voice some rhythmic accents (like grace notes or
>>> acciaccatura) the new time indicator gets duplicated.
>>>
>> This is a very annoying bug in lilypond IIRC.
>>
>> You can use an invisible \grace in the other voice as a workaround:
>>
>> rightOne = \relative c'' {
>>  \global
>>  c2. |
>>   \time 3/8 bes16as es as bes c |
>>  \time 6/8 \acciaccatura  { bes16[ c16] } bes4.~ bes |
>>  g8 bes es g bes es |
>> }
>> rightTwo = \relative c'' {
>>  \global
>>  a2. |
>>     \time 3/8 f8 s f |
>>  \time 6/8 \grace  { s8 } f4 f g |
>>  g4. r |
>> }
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Marc
>
> Thanks Marc,
> I tried it successfully, but I wonder if this the only solution for this
> problem.
> Having a piano score with two voices in the right hand and one for the left,
> I have to create extra 'articulations' in two other parts.
> How would that be for even more complex (multi staff) scores?

I put all of my time signatures in an extra variable. It allows me to see all
of the time changes in one place, and change them all in one place, if need be.
I also put barline changes (\bar ":") in this variable:
\version "2.16.1"

global = {
   \time 6/8   s2.
   \time 3/8   s4.
   \time 6/8   \grace { s8 } s2.*2
}

rightOne = \relative c'' {
 c2. |
 bes16as es as bes c |
 \acciaccatura  { bes16[ c16] } bes4.~ bes |
 g8 bes es g bes es |
}
rightTwo = \relative c'' {
 a2. |