Re: Requesting an addition

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Requesting an addition
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:25:20 +0100 (CET)

>> If an existing symbol can be reused, implementing this is rather
>> straightforward, and a few hours of work will do.  A design from
>> scratch probably needs three or four times as long.
>
> By the way: how is the relation to other music fonts?  If we invent
> a new articulation, music fonts from other sources will not know
> about it, or we won't know about what they have.

I've seen this symbol already in print, so it is not something we
`invent'.  I was rather talking about designing it from scratch.

For example, it might be possible to simply reuse the
`scripts.reverseturn' glyph with an added vertical bar crossing it.
However, IIRC, Haydn just uses a small wiggle, so `reverseturn' might
be not appropriate, and we need probably a different shape.

    Werner