Re: stretching ragged last bar in the Voice context

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: stretching ragged last bar in the Voice context
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:45:23 +0100

2013/1/21 Eluze <address@hidden>
Federico Bruni-5 wrote
> I'm trying to stretch a ragged last bar in a score.
> I know I can use the following override (NR 4.5.1, Known issues):
>

> \relative c'' {
>    \repeat unfold 4 { R1*4 \break }
>    \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.padding = #20
>    R1 R1
> }
>
> However, I need to apply this kind of override in a Voice context, so I
> can't use NonMusicalPaperColumn.
> There's any other workaround to achieve what I want?

I think you *are* in a Voice context in the code above so you can apply it
and the \override *Score*. …  will tell LilyPond in which context this
override must be applied

or did I misunderstand your question?

I meant: NonMusicalPaperColumn works only in the Score context.
These override(s) won't work:

\override NonMusicalPaperColumn.padding = #20
\override Voice.NonMusicalPaperColumn.padding = #20

So NonMusicalPaperColumn is probably not the right object to tweak.

There's any other way to achieve what I want?