Re: \harmonicsOff

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: \harmonicsOff
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:04:57 +0100

Am 21.01.2013 15:08, schrieb David Kastrup:

> \new Staff { \harmonicsOn a \context Staff \harmonicsOff a }

I know that there are ways to achieve it.

>>> \new Staff \with { \harmonicsOn } ...
>> With that syntax being possible with the current version, I would
>> suggest to consider a change, because the current implementation has
>> serveral pitfalls.
>
> A changed implementation would have different pitfalls.  It does not
> seem like a good idea to do a far-reaching change like that without even
> an attempt of analyzing the results.

Of course not. That's not what I meant. But I still think the
implementation could be more intuitive - as the origin of this thread
shows. And I think most people expect the command to turn notes between
On and Off into harmonics. And that is only the case if it is used in
very specific conditions.

Cheers,
Joram