Re: nonstaff-nonstaff spacing control?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: nonstaff-nonstaff spacing control?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:22:02 +0100

On 22 January 2013 18:04, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I have many situations where I need to ensure a certain amount of
> nonstaff-nonstaff spacing, e.g.,
>    1. between the last Lyric context in a ChoirStaff context and a ScoreMarks
> context underneath;
>    2. between the PianoPedals context in a PianoStaff and a MeasureCounter
> context underneath;
>    etc.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a setting to control nonstaff-nonstaff spacing
> — Lily appears to only consider the spacing between the last staff
> and the next context (essentially ignoring the extent of the intervening
> nonstaff context).

Hi Kieren,

I don't understand.
There is a setting controlling nonstaff-nonstaff spacing, by using
  \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing etc.
for the appropriate nonstaff context.

Cf. NR 4.4.1 Flexible vertical spacing within systems > Spacing of
non-staff lines
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems.html#spacing-of-non_002dstaff-lines

Are you saying this does not work in your case?
If so, please provide a minimal example including the definition of
your "ScoreMarks" and "MeasureCounter" contexts.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>