roman numeral chord notation

From: Eric Swenson
Subject: roman numeral chord notation
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:58:49 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to write up some text using latex (and lilypond-book) that
describes cadences and chords using notation such as IV4/3, where I
with the 4 to be typeset directly above the 3 and the 4/3 designation
to the right of the roman numeral chord designator.  How can I do this
in lilypond-book (lilypond)?

It looks like the

  \new FiguredBass {
    \figuremode {}
   }

is intended to be used along with music (e.g. under a staff).  I'm trying
to reference this in a latex document, where I'm using lilypond-book.

Can anyone give me any advice?  Should I simply not use lilypond for this,
and resort to straight latex macros?  Any pointers to same?

Thanks.