Re: Grace notes on first bar of piano staff

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: Grace notes on first bar of piano staff
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:02:24 -0800

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Jethro Van Thuyne <address@hidden> wrote:
When trying to typeset grace notes on the first beat of a piano
staff, something odd happens with the left hand bass clef. First
there is a treble clef engraved, then a time signature, and only
after that a bass clef and key signature.
right = \relative c''   {
  \clef treble
  \key f \major
  \grace { c32[ d e] } f1
  }

left = \relative c   {
  \clef bass
  \key f \major
  f1
  }

I attached an image with the rendered result of this minimal
example. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

This is an old and infamous problem with LilyPond. Add in an appropriately placed skip of the same length as the grace notes.

right = \relative c''   {
  \clef treble
  \key f \major
  \grace { c32[ d e] } f1