Re: ledger line crash with very high notes in first chord of system

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ledger line crash with very high notes in first chord of system
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:32:18 +0100

On 28 janv. 2013, at 11:21, Jeffrey Trevino <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> Thanks for your report and your suggested override. I'll give it a shot; in
> the meantime, I've gone for a popular contemporary music workaround: the
> addition of a third staff with an octave treble clef, to eliminate the ledger
> lines. (hence my post about changing staffs for the notes of a chord...)
>
> cheers,
> Jeff

I've seen this in a few scores, mostly in the music of Hans Tutschku.  I
haven't completely wrapped my head around the best way to implement it, but it
seems like one solution is overriding the stencil function of the
LedgerLineSpanner to be continuous across notes.  There'd need to be some
additional tweaks, like maybe accidental placement stuff, but otherwise it is
more consistent with what's going on, as the extender staff is philosophically
more like a ledger line than a staff (for example, one wouldn't put dynamics or
scripts between the real and extender staff).

~Mikey