Re: ledger line crash with very high notes in first chord of system

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: ledger line crash with very high notes in first chord of system
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:49:12 -0500

On Jan 28, 2013, at 5:32 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> I haven't completely wrapped my head around the best way to implement it, but
> it seems like one solution is overriding the stencil function of the
> LedgerLineSpanner to be continuous across notes.

Hmmm...  I tried overriding the line positions of the staff:

\version "2.16.1"

\relative c'' {
  a c
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'( 18 16 14 12 10  4 2 0 -2
-4 )
  a' c a' c
}

\relative c'' {
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'( 18 16 14 12 10    4 2 0 -2
-4 )
  a c a' c a' c
}

It looks like this only works to change the whole staff, by putting it at the
beginning of the music (or in the Staff's \with block), and does not work for a
temporary staff extension occurring in the middle of the music.

-Paul