Re: Four piano snippets

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Four piano snippets
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:54:39 +0100

Am 29.01.2013 08:20, schrieb Curt:
> I didn't include a tempo marking but I should clarify that the tempo is
> fast enough that the tremolo would probably be too difficult to play
> with one hand.  Throughout the piece the emphasis is on the alternating
> hand pattern with the melody in the "right half" of the right hand (You
> can hear the piece at http://curtsiffert.com/anelusivesweetness )
>
> I was thinking the fingering would help to communicate that idea, but
> maybe the cross-staving helps to communicate that enough.

That's changes my decision. I would have chosen number 4 (because it is
the easiest to my eyes to understand the music).
But with that information, I like number 2 best, because the
treble/bass-piano system is the one the player is used to and the cross
staff notation makes it clear which hand you want to be used.

Cheers,
Joram