Re: Woodwind Fingering diagrams problem

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: Woodwind Fingering diagrams problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:46:09 +0100

On 29 Jan 2013, at 22:17 , Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:

On 01/29/2013 09:50 PM, Wim van Dommelen wrote:
Since you're finding it relatively straightforward to play with the Scheme code, can I put in a feature request -- any chance of fixing the shape of the register key for clarinet/bass clarinet? :-)
Uhh, never too old for a challenge, as I see it the register key is also inherited, so it is one and the same definition. Can give it a try. What were you thinking about?

If you're playing the low D with the F key, why not just indicate to use both the low D and F keys?  Or have I misunderstood what you mean?
Just to indicate that naming a key will get one confused also, here a diagram would be a better fit. Quod erat demonstrandum.

I know Wurlitzer is German, it's just that I was under the impression that the most widespread use of Reform-Boehm instruments was in the Netherlands.  Anyway, it was just a curiosity.
True, it is used a lot by professionals, but also by the better amateurs, I know several.

I think that could be a great idea.  Better still would be a web app that's compatible with phone/tablet use.
Indeed. Not done overnight though.....

Regards,
Wim.