Re: ledger line crash with very high notes in first chord of system

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: ledger line crash with very high notes in first chord of system
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:32:53 -0800

Hi Paul,

A great trick! It looks like beaming and slurring across staffs works well with this technique, which is marvelous. This could be the way to go, but I need to figure out a few more things with this paradigm before I can use it:

Is there a way to attach a "treble^8" clef at the beginning of the additional staff?
Is there a way to display a chord with a stem across both staffs, which notes on both staffs?

moving right along,
Jeff

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jan 28, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:

> adding
>
> \stopStaff  \startStaff
>
> works

Thanks!  I also added an override to keep the stems from being extended all the way down.  Not sure if this is the best approach, but good to know how to use it.

-Paul

\version "2.16.1"

\relative c'' {
  c a' c
  \stopStaff \startStaff
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'( 18 16 14 12 10  4 2 0 -2 -4 )
  \override Stem  #'no-stem-extend = ##t
  a' c a cis
  \stopStaff \startStaff
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'( 4 2 0 -2 -4 )
  \override Stem  #'no-stem-extend = ##f
  a,, c