Re: -dpreview suffix

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: -dpreview suffix
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:58:44 +0100

Am 04.02.2013 18:28, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lilyponders,

is it possible to change the renaming applied by -dpreview?
I.e. is it possible to suppress the '.preview' part of the output?

Unfortunately \includepdf (latex) doesn't find a document
example-5.preview.pdf' (it seems it assumes 'preview' being the file
extension), and I would prefer having a solution within lilypond over
having to rename the (potentially numerous) files after each
compilation.
The extension is preview.pdf according to LaTeX's wisdom, and something
like

\DeclareGraphicsRule{.preview.pdf}{pdf}{}{}

should put it on the right track.  Alternatively, there is Heiko
Oberdiek's
\usepackage[multidot]{grffile}

Thank you for the information.
The DeclareGraphicsRule does work. But as these files aren't actually previews in the context of my application - and as I will have to remove the .eps and .png files anyway - I think I'll write a little Python script.

Best
Urs