Re: Point and click in music-function

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Point and click in music-function
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 20:14:17 +0100

2013/2/4 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
I have created
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3153> which will
let all the music created within #{ ... #} point to \tr.  That's pretty
much the best you can hope to do with reasonable effort.
Ah that's great I will try this, when a Lilypond version with this change is available.

I have tried this with the code in you last mail. But this doesn't change the behavior. Obviously I don't have sufficient Scheme skills:

tr = #(define-music-function (parser location p1 p2 p3)

  (ly:pitch? ly:pitch? ly:pitch?)

    music-map

    (lambda (m)

      (set! (ly:music-property m 'origin) location))

        #{ \times 2/3 { $p1 8 [ $p2 $p3 ] } #})

 A more precise
solution would only be possible by tacking source information onto
_every_ music function argument and tracing its progress in expressions,
quite more expensive and actually also ill-defined: what is the
point-and-click location for the note generated by $p1 8 ?  What is the
location for the beam?
It would be nice to get the exact position of the note in the source. But when the click gets me to the \tr it would be very helpful. I will await the version including the change.

Thanks
Helge