Re: add9 chords

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: add9 chords
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:49:31 +0100

Hi Bart,

> - c:9 produces a C9, including the seventh, (sorry Robert Schmaus, I just
> tested it)

Oh ... I think there have been some changes from the previous stable
version (2.14) then. I had the problem that I could *not* produce 11 or
9 chords - I always got the "add9" or "add11" version, until somebody
informed me that I need to specify the full chord, including the 7.
Now (in version 2.16 and 2.17), we have

* c : 9 produces <c e g bf d'> and the chord name is C9
* c : 7.9 produces the same
* c : 9^7 produces <c e g d'> (but the chord name still is C9 - you can
check this on http://lilybin.com/jtiz8e/1 )

I liked the old way better. Sure, it's cumbersome to write c : 7.9.11.13
for a 13 chord, but at least there was full control over the chord.
At the very least, c : 9^7 should not be called C9. And, again, it used
to be that way in previous versions.

Best,
Robert