Re: Point and click in music-function

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Point and click in music-function
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 16:48:21 +0100

2013/2/6 David Kastrup <address@hidden>

That's rather a lack of copy&paste skills.  You can't add or remove
parentheses in Scheme without changing the meaning.

Nope.  I was able to copy your excerpt just fine. But i needs Scheme skills to identify where it should be place in my example. I tried several position, guessing any meaning and got errors every time. My bad. But I don't claim to be a Schemer.

> It would be nice to get the exact position of the note in the source.

But there is no such thing as a "note" in the source.  There is just a
_pitch_.  The _note_ is only assembled inside of the #{...#}.

Yep. That's may be the cause that the click points to the body of the music-function.

For my humble understanding:
> But there is no such thing as a "note" in the source.
This is meant for the text that becomes parameters of my music-function tr or is that meant in general?
I don't see the difference between an "a b c" in normal source and "$p1 $p2 $p3" in a music-function like my example.

Honestly, I don't know it better.

BTW: Probably is my attempt with a music-function not the best way. When I place all notes (or pitches) into a large \times { } section and use other means like beatStructure to get the correct beaming I should avoid the problem with the music function.

Regards
Helge