function to get moment as staff-spaces

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: function to get moment as staff-spaces
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:55:08 -0500

Hello all,

There are times I would like to offset something by a duration (e.g., a quarter
note) without using spacers — for example, I have a ChordName that collides
with a markup, and I want the ChordName to move horizontally to the right (not
vertically***). I don't want to change the duration of the chord, or the moment
of its attack — only its visual placement.

So I'd like to say something like

    \once \override ChordName #'X-offset = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)

Obvoiusly this doesn't work. But is there an easy function to turn the spacing
of a moment (at the current moment) into a distance Lily can use to offset
things?

Thanks,
Kieren.

*** The function I'm asking about would be a lot less necessary if we could
choose the axis of adjustment for a grob involved in a collision — is that
possible?