[ANNOUNCE] ly2video 0.4.1

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] ly2video 0.4.1
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 02:07:17 +0000

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the release of ly2video 0.4.1.

ly2video is a Python script which converts music represented by a GNU
LilyPond file into a video containing a horizontally scrolling music
staff which is synchronized with a MIDI-generated audio rendering of
the music.

You can download it from here:

    https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/tags

The most significant aspect of this release is a complete redesign and
rewrite of the A/V synchronization code, which should make it *far*
more robust and easier to maintain:

    https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/commit/c2ab06e

Advantages of the new algorithm include being able to correctly handle
ChordNames, transparent notes, and MIDI filtered through
articulate.ly.

I'm especially grateful to Jan Nieuwenhuizen, who I had the pleasure
of meeting at FOSDEM last weekend, and whose help made this redesign
possible.

This release also fixes numerous other bugs:

    https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/issues?milestone=4&state=closed
    https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/issues?milestone=5&state=closed

Feedback is very welcome; you can use the issue tracker:

    https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/issues

or mail me.  Pull requests are of course even more welcome than
feedback!

Regards,
Adam