Re: Bassoon fingering charts O_o

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: Bassoon fingering charts O_o
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 10:23:10 +0100

Hi Jeff,

I've created a small database with instruments, loaded that with the key possibilities of the woodwind stencils and I use a small Perl-script to generate the .ly and .pdf-file. I've attached the intermediate .ly for you (for the generic bassoon), it compiles right away and you'll see every key specified. The contents of the .ly-file is very straightforward, hopefully it satisfies your need.

I use it also for my documentation to check if I didn't mess up and I'm thinking (wishlist level) on a variant which show the (clarinet) diagram (one, enlarged) with all the keynames on the side with small arrows pointing to the position of that key, compare e.g.: http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://airizeii.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/ev1dwg1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://airizeii.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/car-parts-worker-bottleneck-slows-automotive-growth/&h=1163&w=1478&sz=537&tbnid=gBqdyV1FYK8hOM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=116&zoom=1&usg=__CUh3WxT8SiXW3spn9l6VFfO7PyM=&docid=1KnwoVLHsYXGSM&sa=X&ei=tMIUUa26EMO20QX61oHQCQ&ved=0CEMQ9QEwAg&dur=246

(google "car parts names" and select the second in the row, you'll get the idea)

Regards,
Wim.