Re: Repeat signs / bar lines in markup

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Repeat signs / bar lines in markup
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:50:03 -0800 (PST)

Nick Payne-3 wrote
> On 08/02/13 23:01, Eluze wrote:
>> Thomas Morley wrote
>>> below a markup-command to print bar-lines.
>>> For now it is limited to bar-lines containing thick-bar-line,
>>> thin-bar-line and/or colon-bar-line.
>>> Every additional bar-line (dashed, dotted etc) would need an
>>> additional construction-procedure.
>>>
>>> \bar-line follows the procedures in bar-line.scm, heavily simplified.
>>> Some comments are included, where I'm not sure about the used values.
>>>
>>> Please note: it is a first sketch, maybe there are some undetected
>>> issues.
>>>
>>> Works with "2.16.1" and "2.17.10"
>>>
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>> and also "2.17.11" - thanks!
>>
>> this seems much better than the solution with \markup \score …
>> also, the resulting bar lines are scalable!
>
> You can scale the staff size and bar lines in a markup if instead of
> using #(layout-set-staff-size nn) in the layout block you use magstep
> and fontsize:

sure - but also #(layout-set-staff-size nn) combined with an \override of
the staff-space = #m works.

the big difference is that you can scale it in the \markup where you use it,
e.g.
\markup {
  \fontsize #14 \bar-line #".|:"
  \fontsize #-4 \bar-line #".|:"
}
will render two differently sized start repeat signs, whereas there is no
effect in the \markup \score { … } generated markup.

that's why I support David's suggestion to add it to the source files.

should we raise a feature request!? I can do this on my next duty day
(Monday - if it hasn't been added before)

Eluze