RE: Insane spring distance

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Insane spring distance
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 00:22:47 -0800

The second example differs from the first example. It does not have a
partial measure.

The first example is generated without error if the "s" is replaced with a
pitch or a "r."

\version "2.16.1"

 \score {
     \new Staff {
       \partial 8
       \relative c' { c8^\markup x }
     } % Staff
 } % score

The first example generates without error after placing a pitch before the
spacer.

\version "2.16.1"

 \score {
     \new Staff {
       \partial 8
       \relative c' { c16 s^\markup x }
     } % Staff
 } % score

My conclusion is that the error is caused by the spacer being the only
object in the partial measure.

Mark