Re: giving MetronomeMarks the space they need

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: giving MetronomeMarks the space they need
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:23:08 -0500

Hi Keith,

> By default, MetronomeMarks have settings requesting specifically that
> LilyPond ignore them when spacing notes and rests, analogous to \textLengthOff

Um… why? In what universe would that be a good thing????

> I use the two overrides below.
> it gives a better starting point.

It certainly does!
Thank you so much — I believe this will make a huge difference.

> There are still irregularities

Yes, e.g.

\relative f {
 \override Score.MetronomeMark #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . -3)
 \override Score.MetronomeMark #'non-break-align-symbols =
    #'( note-column-interface   multi-measure-rest-interface)
 \compressFullBarRests
 \tempo "Larghissimo" c1
 \tempo "Larghissimo" \repeat "unfold" 4 { c1 }
 \tempo "Più mosso" R1*8
 \tempo "Meno mosso" c''4 e g c
 \tempo "Molto adagio" R1*8
}