Re: Questions on re-organizing the woodwind (bass-)clarinet stencils

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Questions on re-organizing the woodwind (bass-)clarinet stencils
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:29:49 +0100

Frédéric Bron <address@hidden> writes:

>> Disagree.  The default conversation language of LilyPond (all its
>> command and function names) is English, the default note language is
>> dutch.  side-ees is perfectly consistent with LilyPond's defaults.
>>> By the way I discover in 2.16 doc that the default language has moved
>>> to English now?
>>
>> I don't know where you would have discovered this.  Probably the docs
>> need clarification then.
>
> You're right, I was wrong, it is still in Dutch.
> I was confused by this table:
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/music-glossary/pitch-names
> where English names are presented first, in bold and seem then to be
> the default.

Uh, that's the _glossary_.  Its contents are not related to LilyPond's
input language, and indeed, you would not be able to enter most of the
given notenames into LilyPond unchanged (assuming proper language
setting).  Including the English notenames, by the way.  We actually
could allow note names like c-sharp with the current definition of word
syntax, but I doubt we'd be doing anybody a favor with that.

--
David Kastrup