\tweak not working on MultiMeasureRestText objects (bug?)

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: \tweak not working on MultiMeasureRestText objects (bug?)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:57:03 +0000

Dear LilyPond users,

I must admit I don't always understand the \tweak command, but I use it often to reposition objects here and there.  As I understand it, it doesn't seem to work on markup objects attached to whole-bar rests.  I have attached a tiny example below.  The workaround is easy of course: just use \once \override MultiMeasureRestText #'extra-offset, but I thought I would mention it just in case it's a bug, or perhaps I misunderstood the \tweak command.

\version "2.16.1"

\relative c {

R1-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(-9 . -9) _"I"

}

Regards,
Kevin Barry