Partcombine, lyrics and colliding dots

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Partcombine, lyrics and colliding dots
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:38:36 -0500

Hi!

I'm trying to use partcombine and lyrics by using a hidden voice for
the melody, as suggested by Daniel E. Moctezuma at
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/73934

The only problem is that the dots are pushed from their normal
positions, apparently by the dots in the hidden voice.

I tried many tricks, such as setting stencil to false, setting
dot-count to 0, setting grob extents and offsets, removing
Dot_column_engraver.  Nothing helps.  Transposing the hidden voice
helps, but I don't consider it a reliable solution.  Also, it
interferes with key changes in the melody.

Any suggestions how to prevent the hidden dots from pushing the
real ones?

I'm using Lilypond 2.16.1 from Fedora 18.

\version "2.16.1"

soprano = {
  e'4.
}

alto = {
  c'4.
}

verseOne = \lyricmode {
  Dots
}

\score {
  \new Staff = "upper" <<
    \new Voice {
      \partcombine \soprano \alto
    }
    \new Voice = "soprano-hidden" {
      \override Slur #'transparent = ##t
      \override Tie #'transparent = ##t
      \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
      \hideNotes \soprano
    }
    \addlyrics \verseOne

Regards,