Re: collision beam with staff-crossing beam

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: collision beam with staff-crossing beam
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:34:43 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13 févr. 2013, at 11:06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>> \override Beam.Y-extent = #'(0 . 10)
>>> \override Beam.vertical-skylines =
>>>             #ly:grob::simple-vertical-skylines-from-extents
>>
>> Nice!  And completely undocumented, of course...
>
> There are currently around 100 callbacks in LilyPond for various
> properties (check out anything in define-grobs.scm starting with ly:).
> For most of them, there is no way to know how they work unless one
> reads code.  In the documentation build, there is no mechanism to
> document what these callbacks do.

Every callback can have a documentation string, and quite a few do.
They are not included in the printed documentation yet, but at least
they are in the source at an obvious place.

> It would be fantastic to have the systematic documentation of all of
> these callbacks in some form of API.  Would you be interested in
> organizing this?  I would be happy to help.

It is just a matter of writing documentation strings as you invent new
callbacks.  Pretty much a no-brainer not needing any organization.

--
David Kastrup